Mindset is EVERYTHING!
These three tips on overcoming limiting beliefs are your golden key to changing your life. Yes, attitude is important, taking action is paramount, however, ALL that you do depends on your mindset.
Limiting beliefs are the beliefs we hold about ourselves or others that interfere with our ability to excel and succeed in any given faction of our lives. Limiting beliefs are often expressed in our language. Do you hear yourself saying:
- “I can’t afford that”
- “That’s never been done in my family”
- “I will never finish this”
Or any language that supports you in NOT being who you desire to be.
Do you think small, act small and be small? Your behavior is a result of your limiting beliefs. What if you opened your mind to possibilities just outside of the realm of the impossible? It is only impossible because you believe it to be so. Ask yourself, “where did that thought or belief originate? Whose voice am I hearing?”
What if the earth were really flat, that no one ever ran the four-minute mile, that buildings could only be three stories and the tooth fairy really exists?
That sounds ridiculous in light of what we now call the facts. Imagine the difference if no one ever dared to challenge the ‘standard’. Now your opportunity lies in challenging your beliefs, observing where you’re being less than you know you can and seeing yourself into the ‘bigness’ of who you really are.
Here are 3 Tips On Overcoming Limiting Beliefs
- Recognize that you have limiting beliefs. Remember, ask yourself, “whose voice and I hearing”? See the person in your mind’s eye. Really look at their lifestyle. Now, ask yourself “Is this really true?” Most often the answer is NO! This is one of the beliefs that you can overcome. Choose your own path.
- Brainstorm to see alternatives to the belief that no longer serves you. Ask “ Can I let this feeling go?” “Do I want to let this feeling go?” Seek supportive feelings to replace the feelings you released. Become the person who sees ideas differently.
- Build positive beliefs that support you now. You will develop additional beliefs as you progress on our journey. Become uncompromising in surrounding yourself with bigger ideas.
If you do not take any steps on changing your belief, your old beliefs will resurface. Take action now, no matter how small. This will help keep you continue on your path of change. Your first steps don’t have to be perfect, just headed in the right direction. Be sure to celebrate daily!
Choice Courage Freedom!